ScriptPro’s Technology Evaluation Guide for robotic systems is intended to serve as an executive reference guide for evaluating operational technologies for community pharmacies, particularly robotic prescription dispensing systems. Below are some key areas you may want to focus on when determining what will work best for your pharmacy. We also provide some questions you may want to have answered before making a decision regarding automation and implementation.
Dispensing Safety and Accuracy:
- Is the drug cross-contamination risk absolutely avoided?
- Does the robotic system require positive barcode scan and operator identification during all drug replenishment, return-to-stock, and verification tasks?
Service and Support:
- Is the system sold, manufactured, and supported by the same company?
- Does the vendor provide a call center for problem resolution 24×7, including holidays and weekends?
- Will the robotic system vendor assume total responsibility for implementation planning and execution?
- Does the vendor perform on-site workflow and software interface analysis prior to installing the system?
- Will the robotic system vendor take total responsibility for implementing the initial software interface?
- Can the robotic system vendor maintain the software interface via remote access?
Company and Product Orientation:
- Is pharmacy automation the vendor’s core competency?
- Does the vendor have a record of standing behind its equipment with continuing support and upgrades?
At ScriptPro, we understand that choosing to automate is a big decision requiring research and the weighing of all options available. There are many major factors to consider when contemplating the implementation of robotic technology in your business. Above are some of the main topics discussed in ScriptPro’s Technology Evaluation Guide for robotic systems, along with key questions to answer before you make a decision. View the complete guide, which we believe will be very useful in your decision-making process.